- A Kitchen Box
This giveaway has ended but I have a lot of other fun giveaways? CLICK HERE to check them out! Review is still below.
A Kitchen Box is a subscription box for food lovers and home cooks who want to stay inspired. You’ll receive kitchen inspiration not only in your mail box but also in your email inbox: a tangible, sensory experience every week. A Kitchen Box delivers the element of surprise, wrapped and shipped to your door every month. They curate every box with a specific theme in mind, introducing you to new artisans, products, concepts and pairings.
What’s in the Box?
- “Unpacking Your Box” Guide - The Guide tells you all about your box with a theme overview, detailed Brand Partner information, product highlights, and how to make great use of everything included.
- Useful items to add to your kitchen collection – They search high and low to bring you some of our favorite, creative, and most treasured kitchen items.
- An AK | B original recipe - Not only do they love all things papers and stationary, but they are completely enamored by the art and craft of letterpress; creating family heirlooms worthy of passing down for generations. They’re thrilled to partner with Lark Press in Portland, Oregon where all our recipes are hand letterpressed.
- An artisan food product to compliment your box theme – They love working like-minded folks committed to quality not only in the finished product but throughout the entire process bringing you a delicious experience in each box. They’re proud to work with some of the Pacific Northwest’s most creative and innovative food companies.
- Original AK | B art on a postcard - Write a quick note and drop it in the mail. There’s no excuse, they’ve already stamped it! Don’t you just love getting a hand written note in the mail for no other reason than someone was thinking of you?
- Free Music Download, hand picked by Brooke and Ang - Music sets the tone. Add to or start your kitchen playlist with an AK | B free music download. Grow your collection and create playlists of your own.
- Creative packing of every box – They take great care in our presentation. Just as we “Eat with our eyes first,” they believe beautiful packaging is nearly as important as what’s in the box. You’ll find clever quotes and useful pieces throughout every kitchen box; each component meant to inspire.
- Give – They donate $1 from the sale of every box to an Oregon based non-profit, changing the lives of children.
- One month of weekly email content - Filled with recipes, photos, menus, shopping lists, artisan spotlights and specials just for AK | B subscribers, our weekly emails perfectly compliment your box helping you get the most out of every kitchen box experience.
- Free shipping on every box!
I actually received two boxes from A Kitchen Box, the Cocktail Box and the Cheese Box. When I received the Cocktail Box I noticed that the information card didn’t quite match up to the box I received. I reached out to them right away and come to find out there was a printing error on their information card. A Kitchen Box is a new company and like any new company these types of issues can occur. This was an error made by the printer but still A Kitchen Box offered to send me the Cheese Box to try. I was thrilled because me and hubby LOVE cheese!!! Cheese makes everything taste better :). It was also a great opportunity to test out their customer service The entire time I have been corresponding with A Kitchen Box they have been quick to reply and extremely helpful. Offering to send me another box went above and beyond in my eyes. I was thrilled. Those who read my blog regularly know that customer service is HUGE to me. I will gladly pay more for a subscription box whose company provides great service. Conversely I’ve canceled boxes who’s product I loved because they didn’t have decent customer service. A Kitchen Box does not disappoint in this area. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH!
If you missed my review of the Cocktail Box you can see it here.
Here is the box and 1st look. They have a really well presented box.
Here is the information card, recipe card, monthly postcard along with a view of all the products received. You can see how well and beautifully packaged the cards are (in a cute paper bag). They also individually wrap some of the other products. This box is so beautiful I would be thrilled and proud to give this as a gift!
Here are the items I received. I am using Amazon for retail value.
1. 33 Pieces of Cheese (Retail $4.00) – Fantastic Journal de fromage! Travelers have their travel journals and cheese lovers need a cheese journal. Simply by checking a few boxes and adding a few notes, you can map flavors and track your likes and dislikes as well as complimentary pairing recommendations. I plan on using this. I love cheese but admit I am pretty set in my ways generally getting the same cheeses all the time. I will aim to try at least one new cheese per week writing my notes down in this journal.
2. Cheese Paper & Labels (Retail $12.95) - How cute is this wrapping? Two-ply cheese paper extends the life and true flavor by preventing cheeses from suffocating inside the ubiquitous plastic wrap coffin. Wrap, label, seal and re-seal to preserve the life of your cheese. I had never heard of cheese paper but am excited to try it especially with my new goal of trying 1 new cheese per week :).
3. Freddy Guys Hazelnuts, 4 ounces (Retail $3.50) – Yummmmm. I LOVE hazlenuts!
4. Porcelain Place Cards and Bamboo Spreader (Retail $7.27) – These are useful not only as place cards but also to identify cheeses, dips and spreads. Erasable ink is easily removed with soap and water or toss them in the flatware bin of your dishwasher. When I first saw the place cards I thought they were some type of cheese spreader ;). Now that I know what they are I see it and they are super cute. I need more of these. I LOVE the bamboo spreader. I love anything bamboo and these are no exception. This will be perfect for the cheese spread we always have at Thanksgiving Dinner.
5. Flour Sack Towel (Retail $2.25) - I got one of these in my Cocktail Box and am happy to get another one. I can’t have enough kitchen towels. Right now they are plain white towels but in the future A Kitchen Box will be printing them with recipes, tips and kitchen quotes, sending a new one each month. I think that’s a fantastic idea!
6. The Art of the Cheese Plate (Retail $2.00) – This is a flyer offering suggestions on how to make a visually appealing and tasty cheese plate. I’d actually really enjoy taking this to the store with me to pick out the new cheeses I’m going to try. I haven’t been very adventurous when it comes to my cheese selections and certainly my cheese platters are only ho-hum. I’d give these suggestions a try!
7. A Kitchen Box Monthly Stamped Postcard (Retail $2.30) – I like the postcards they send, especially that they’re stamped. They are super cute and excellent quality. I know someone who will love these!
8. Monthly Music Download – Jetty Rae (Retail $0.99) – Each month A Kitchen Box sends a music download from a small artist. They aim to provide a total sensory experience.
8. A Kitchen Box donation to Oregon based non-profit helping children (Retail $1.00) – For every box shipped to a customer they donate $1.00 to an Oregon based non-profit. LOVE this.
The total retail value of this box was $36.26. I am pleased that the value of this box was higher than the last box I reviewed, the Cocktail Box, and that it was more in line with what I’d expect from the monthly cost. There is also a value in the other items A Kitchen Box sends. They send weekly emails to customers providing kitchen tips, recipes, shopping lists, specials, discounts etc. These are designed to be complimentary to your monthly box so you get the most out of the products received.
Love Giveaways? CLICK HERE to enter my other fabulous giveaways!
Disclaimer: I received this box free for the purpose of a review. My opinions are 100% own and I was not compensated in any way.